Hurricane season is here - are you ready?
Swaying palm trees, sandy beaches, hot sun… and hurricane season! It’s a simple fact, living near the Florida coast – and other people’s vacation hotspots like Wesley Chapel and Dade City –means there is always a chance that a summer storm will come barreling through. And when it comes to hurricanes, preparation is everything!
SERVPRO of East Pasco makes safety our top priority. We hope you do, too. So, we want to know, what is in your hurricane safety kit?
Check out the list below for recommended items by Ready.gov to include in your basic emergency supply kit:
- One gallon of water per person per day for at least 3 days for drinking and sanitation
- At least a 3 supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Can opener for food
- Local maps
Beyond the basics, consider the following: cash in case credit cards or ATMs cannot be accessed, games and puzzles for kids to pass time, solar-powered cell phone chargers, extra infant formula and pet food, and family documents stored in a portable, waterproof container.
As always, be safe, prepared and have SERVPRO of East Pasco's phone number on speed dial during this year's hurricane season.